1. Information Collection and Use
At TrickProblems, we collect various types of information for different purposes
2. Types Of Information We Collect
At TrickProblems, we collect various types of information when you interact with our services. These categories generally fall within three groups:
(a) Information You Provide To Us:
- Registration Details: When you sign up for our services or complete forms, we may request your name, email address, and preferences (e.g., newsletter subscriptions). This information is used to grant access to specific TrickProblems Services, personalize experiences, and remember your preferences.
- User-Generated Content: Any information you provide or post on TrickProblems, including usernames, comments, likes, interests, status, pictures, and references to your online presence, may be shared publicly as per your preferences.
- Correspondence: When you contact us via email or provide feedback or comments, we collect this information to assist you and better understand your interests and concerns.
- Information About Others: At times, you might provide information about others, such as referring a friend to specific TrickProblems Services, enabling us to extend our services to the individuals you refer.
- Offline Information: There may be instances where you provide personal information to us in person.
(b) Comments and Media:
- Comments: When visitors leave comments on our site, we collect data from the comment form, including the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string for spam detection. An anonymized string (hash) created from your email address might be provided to the Gravatar service to check for a profile picture linked to it.
- Media: If you upload images on our website, we advise against including embedded location data (EXIF GPS). Visitors can download and extract location data from these images.
Information Collected Automatically Through Cookies and Tracking Technologies
The information automatically collected may encompass geolocation data, such as:
- Information identifying the precise location of your mobile device (when agreed upon by you)
- Your IP address, which might help estimate your approximate location
We employ this information to ensure the proper functioning of TrickProblems and to provide tailored content and advertising, including personalized ads, catering to your interests.
Log Files and Embedded Content
Similar to many other websites, TrickProblems utilizes log files. These files primarily record visitor activity, a standard practice for hosting companies and part of hosting service analytics. Information within these log files includes:
- Internet Protocol (IP) addresses
- Browser type
- Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- Date/time stamps
- Referring/exit pages
- Possibly the number of clicks
This information aids in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking user movement, and gathering demographic data. However, IP addresses and similar information are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Articles on our site might contain embedded content (e.g., videos, images, articles) from other websites. This embedded content operates similarly to when visitors interact directly with those external sites, potentially collecting data, using cookies, and incorporating additional third-party tracking.
Information Obtained From Other Sources
TrickProblems may collect information about you from diverse sources, such as publicly available databases and third parties authorized to share your personal information. The categories of information obtained from these sources encompass:
- Contact information like name and email address
- Demographic data such as age, gender, and income level used for customizing content and advertising
- Activity and usage information, including interests, purchase behavior, navigation data, and online activities, utilized for personalized content and advertising customization
- Data observed publicly from blogs, videos, and other online postings, used for tailored content and advertising
We might also receive account and profile data from third-party sources if you access TrickProblems services through these platforms, aiming to tailor content and advertising to our audience’s preferences.
3. How We Use The Information We Collect
- Facilitating Accessibility: Ensuring TrickProblems is available to you, verifying your identity during login, and remembering your account settings for a personalized experience.
- Support and Communication: Addressing queries or concerns regarding TrickProblems Services, providing essential alerts, and updates about your account or our services.
- Notifications and Offers: Sending updates, offers, promotions, or information about our products/services or those of our advertising partners.
- Tailored Content: Providing content recommendations tailored to your preferences and tastes.
- Advertising Management: Verifying ad delivery, tracking advertising campaign performance, and ensuring personalized advertising based on your online activities while preventing excessive ad frequency for the same users.
4. How We Share Your Information
- Within TrickProblems Services: Sharing information within our services, where permitted by law, to provide you with details about products/services that might interest you.
- Legal Compliance: Disclosing user information, including contact details, to respond to legal obligations, subpoenas, court orders, law enforcement measures, or to prevent risks to health, safety, or for law enforcement purposes.
- Authorized Service Providers: Sharing contact information with vendors assisting in customer support, analytics, marketing, and other specialized services, solely to aid us in providing services.
- Audience Measurement Services: Sharing information with audience measurement companies, such as Comscore and Nielsen, to understand and measure the audiences viewing our content.
- Video Viewing Behavior: In compliance with applicable laws, sharing video viewing behavior with third parties, including advertising companies, analytics partners, and social media sites.
5. Managing Your Information And Privacy Choices
At TrickProblems, we respect your rights and provide options regarding the information we collect and its usage. While we may need to retain certain data for operational or regulatory purposes, you have control over your information and privacy choices, including:
- Review and Update: You can review and modify your registration details through your account settings to ensure accuracy and relevance.
- Opting Out: You have the choice to opt-out of receiving specific emails or text messages from TrickProblems Services. Follow the instructions in the messages received or manage these settings directly in your account preferences.
- Deactivating Notifications: Manage web push notifications by adjusting your device’s notification settings for mobile or your account settings for the web version.
- Data Retention: Comments and associated metadata are stored indefinitely for seamless follow-up comment recognition. For registered users, personal information provided in the user profile can be viewed, edited, or deleted. However, username changes are not permitted. Website administrators also have access to and can edit this information.
- User Rights Over Data: If you have an account or have interacted by leaving comments, you can request an exported file containing your personal data that we hold. Additionally, you can request the deletion of any personal data we hold about you. This excludes data we must retain for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
You can reach out to us via our contact page for any inquiries or requests regarding your account, information, or privacy preferences. Upon your request to shut down your account or delete your information, we will disable your account within a reasonable period, subject to any existing agreements between you and us.
At TrickProblems, safeguarding your information is our priority. We have implemented commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical measures to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, and alteration. It’s important to note that while we take extensive precautions, no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed as entirely secure. We strive to instill confidence in using TrickProblems services, yet we cannot ensure or warrant the absolute security of any information you transmit to us.
7. Privacy Protection For Children
Ensuring added protection for children online is a fundamental concern for us. We strongly advise parents and guardians to actively engage with their children online, participate in their activities, and monitor their online interactions.
TrickProblems does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If you, as a parent or guardian, suspect that TrickProblems has inadvertently collected personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 13, please contact us immediately. We are committed to promptly taking necessary actions to remove such information from our records to the best of our ability.
8. Third-Party Websites And Services
Please take note that at TrickProblems, certain services may feature links redirecting to other websites and services. We want to emphasize that we are not accountable for the privacy practices of those third parties. We strongly recommend reviewing the privacy policies of any third-party website you visit through our platform. When you decide to click on a link directing you to a third-party website from TrickProblems (e.g., if we redirect you to a payment page on Amazon for a product we referred), you will be exiting the TrickProblems Service. Any information you provide or disclose on such third-party websites will be governed by their respective privacy policies.
Third-party vendors, such as Google, utilize cookies to display advertisements based on a user’s previous visits to our website or other sites on the internet.
The utilization of advertising cookies by Google and its associates enables the presentation of ads tailored to users based on their browsing history on your sites or other internet locations. For comprehensive information on our cookie usage, please refer to our Cookies Policy page.
For more detailed insights into the practices of these third-party advertising servers and instructions on opting out of specific practices, we urge you to consult the respective privacy policies of these third-party ad servers.
10. Community Guidelines
We have curated a set of universal guidelines that we believe are beneficial for the community and can be adopted by moderators. Our aim is to ensure that these guidelines are easily understandable and widely applicable to any community within our platform. It’s important to note that these guidelines are not exhaustive; rather, they emphasize the most commonly shared principles we consider fundamental for establishing a robust foundation in any Disqus community, fostering an environment for it to thrive.
Keep it Civil
We understand that discussions here can often become intense, covering topics we are deeply passionate about. However, for these discussions to flourish, it’s essential to critique ideas rather than individuals.
- Focusing on a post’s tone rather than its content
- Immediate contradictory responses without thoughtful consideration
Comments perceived as hateful, inflammatory, or harassing may be removed. Uphold respectful dialogue and refrain from remarks that you wouldn’t appreciate receiving yourself.
Given the multitude of daily discussions on Disqus, consider reviewing recent and active conversations in the community before joining in, especially if you’re new.
If unsure whether your comment contributes positively to the conversation, take a moment to reconsider and try again later.
Strive to bring value to every interaction and discussion you engage in, promoting constructive discourse.
Keep it Tidy
Simplify the job for moderators by ensuring your post aligns with the appropriate channel or category. This involves:
- Exploring the page to locate the suitable channel for your topic; refrain from duplicating the same post across multiple sections.
- Reviewing specific posting guidelines within the community. Certain communities, like movie groups, might have rules concerning spoilers.
- Checking if there’s an active discussion on your topic already posted.
If you See Something, Say Something
Moderators play a vital role in managing spam, resolving conflicts, and enforcing community guidelines, but so do you.
If you notice an issue, reach out to the moderators if possible or flag any comments for review. Should you believe that someone has violated the Basic Rules, report it to Disqus by flagging the user’s profile.
Looking for the Old Channel Rules?
- Stay On-topic
- Avoid self-promotion: Discussions or comments containing only links to personal blogs, products, or articles on other sites are likely to be removed.
- Choose Your (Curse) Words Wisely
- Comments with profanity are held for moderator review before being posted. Depending on context, they may be removed. Profanity used to insult, antagonize, or inflame will always be removed.
- Don’t Be a Jerk
- No tolerance for personal attacks, harassment, sexism, racism, misogyny, homophobia, or broad offensive generalizations. Comments meant to provoke will also be removed.
- English Only
- Current discussions are supported only in English. Non-English comments or discussions will be removed.
Read our Terms of us.